Changnyeong -Where I live!
CHANGNYEONG OPEN TRADITION MARKET
- On the 3rd, 8th , 13th, 18th, 23rd and 28th of every month the market is open for business. It is a great place to buy local produce or just take a look.
- Bugok Hawaii is a water park and spa. It is a fantastic way to spent a whole day swimming in a variety or pools indoor and out door, playing on the water slides or relaxing in the outdoor hot spa area.
- Upo Wetland is located 10 km from Gyeseong. It is an environmentally important wetland. This is a great place to visit in all seasons. It is always bustling with wildlife. There are many good walking routes to explore, short and long. There are also bicycles (tandem and regular) to rent throughout the year for a reasonable price.
- Hwawang Mountain is located in Changnyeong. It is a beautiful mountain situated in a country park. There are numerous routes to hike up it. I like hiking the Okcheon route as there is a pretty temple and a beautiful seated Buddha.
- The Sports Park is located in down town Changnyeong. It is a great place to spend a few hours walking around or have a picnic.
- Towards Go-am there is a small museum and burial mounds. This is a good place to waste 20 minutes as the pleasant views make it a nice place to walk but this is not a day trip destination.
GYESEONG PADDY FIELDS
- Just a pretty scenic place to take a walk or a bicycle ride through.
- This is a beautiful area towards the base of Hwawang Mountain. It has a variety of restaurants surrounding it as well as camping.
- This park is located around a man made pond. It is extremely pretty in all sessions. A great place to relax for five minutes or a few hours.
- Another great place to spend a few hours walking/exercising/ picining.
- In April Nam-ji holds a festival called Nakdonggang Rape Flower Festival.The flowers are extremely pretty!